Subject: ODF, DITA and DocBook

I had a call today with Michael Priestly, Secretary of the DITA TC.  They've been asked by OASIS to come up with a story, a mock-up or a demo of some sort that shows how the various OASIS document formats can work together, how it all fits together, for presentation at a future symposium.   We're talking conceptual, "what-if" more than what necessarily works today.  As I talked to Michael it because clear to me that the most promising intersection of ODF and DITA seemed to be in the area of the work we're doing with metadata.

Now, I don't know about you, but I know very little about DITA.  But if you are interesting in joining me to learn a little more about this peer OASIS technology, and speculating about how ODF and DITA can relate, I can host a conference call next week where we can get a quick presentation on DITA from Michael and talk about possibilities for interop.  Who knows, we might end up with another use case <g>.

Let me know if anyone is interested and I'll suggest some dates/times.

Regards,

-Rob