Subject: Re: [office-metadata] Groups - Metadata_UseCases10July2006.odt (Metadata_UseCases10July2006.odt) uploaded

Looks good!

Some suggestions:

1) Extrinsic Metadata.  I was thinking the interesting use there would be to annotate a document that you did not have write access to.  So someone posts a document on the internet and you want to tag it, or add commentary to it, but it is read-only to you.  But by posting extrinsic metadata in your own file on your own web site, an intelligent agent could treat these distant XML documents as part of one ODF document and display the annotations correctly.  We might want to put that in a scenario since it illustrates the difference is not only that of isolation, but also of access.

2) Workflow Management. -- a real simple scenario would be a "todo" tag which could be added to content, marking which content needs work..   An intelligent editor could extract a list of "todo" items and present them to the user in a prioritized, chronological or other view.  Some code editors have something like this already.

-Rob