Subject: grouping use cases

One of the things we talked about earlier was grouping or categorizing
use cases. I think it's actually in our charter that the use case
document be so structured. But more importantly, I'd like us to start
thinking about how we'd do that so we can more efficiently move towards
concrete proposals. Looking at the breadth of use cases we have, I
could see us getting bogged down if we're not careful.

So here's my suggestions for broad categories:

1)  enhanced content

This involves examples like tagging and such, where a user might add a
layer of metadata on top of simple blocks or spans of content.

2)  custom solutions

This involves extensible outboard/non-content metadata, for use in
processing. Often (as with citations) there will be a field in the
content file, with separate custom metadata which is used to generate
the field presentation content.

I'm probably missing some, but it seems to me these two kinds of use
cases are different enough that it would be good to distinguish them.
The first involves adding metadata to content, while the second
involves using metadata to generate content (as well as potentially to
do other things).

Thoughts?