Subject: Re: [office-metadata] RSS 1.0

On Aug 7, 2006, at 9:31 AM, robert_weir@us.ibm.com wrote:

> Are you thinking of ODF using RSS 1.0 directly?  Or were you looking
> at RSS as a study in RDF embedding?

The latter.

It might be, mind you, that RSS 1.0 modules would then be compatible
with ODF metadata. If you look at the PRISM module developed by the
publishing industry for example, all it is is just a series of simple
properties, and so could be plugged in -- probably unchanged -- into
the ODF system I am envisioning.

	<http://www.prismstandard.org/resources/mod_prism.html>

But to me the primary pieces we ought to look at closely are:

1) their "design goals," which can inform our requirements
2) the way that they've specified extension ("modules", defined on
"simple" vs. "rich" content models)