Subject: roundmap

Patrick, FYI, Michael asked today that the SC chairs provide the TC
with a roadmap for their work, part to plan the larger ODF release
schedule.

I'll just throw out a suggestion that he have a firm deadline of August
28 for the requirements document, and that if we don't feel like we can
make that, then perhaps we ought to create groups of tasks, some of
which might be deferred to a post-1.2 release. This is how the
accessibility group has been working.

I'm not sure how we have to do the process, but to me it would make
sense to complete a proposal and bring it to the TC, and then issue a
public draft through them for comment.

So what I am suggesting as a roadmap then is:

August 28: present use case and requirements document to TC
October 2: present metadata proposal draft to TC
November 6: present final proposal (incorporating public comments) to TC

... or something like that. Just something concrete for discussion.