Subject: Re: metadata requirements for real-time collaborative editing

Rob,

Re: your requirements doc from Wednesday, I was thinking again about
Florian's question -- "what are the subjects we need to describe?" --
and wondering: how that would apply in this use case?

What sort of document objects, in other words, assigning what kinds of
properties, might be relevant here?

It seems to me the notion that something like the following are viable
metadata-enhanceable objects ...

	documents
	tables
	images
	citations
	formulas

... is straightforward, as is the notion of storing that metadata in
separate files. The triples model is all about allowing merging
statements, so there's no problem here in a collaborative context.

What might be more complicated -- particularly from a GUI perspective
-- is more micro-metadata. This is where you descend to the level of
paragraphs and spans.