Subject: metadata panel comparison

Somewhat related to our work, a comparison of Apple's Aperture and
Adobe's Lightroom metadata panels:

	<http://blog.duncandavidson.com/2006/09/aperture_vs_lig_1.html>

Adobe is using XMP internally for metadata, and Apple is now
exporting it.

WRT to our requirements, the primary difference is that we'd allow
more than just string properties, but references to other resource
descriptions. In these screenshots, for example, a user should be
able to select a copyright holder, or creator, or subject either
using auto-complete or with a pop-up selector list.

In those cases, they would be stored as full resources with their own
properties (name, address, email, etc.), even if in the panel their
name was just displayed by default.