Subject: Re: [office-metadata] Fwd: [ext-CC] Re: CC extension

On Oct 25, 2006, at 10:07 AM, Bruce D'Arcus wrote:

> But ulitmately this is an implementation detail. As I said in a
> followup to this, there's aboslutely no problem with them including
> the local (HTML, or text) copy, or a human readable label for the
> URI in the file wrapper, or whatever else to signal to their users
> in human understandbale ways what that URI means ("you can do X, Y,
> Z with this document").

In fact, what I'd suggest is probably:

	<cc:license rdf:resource="http://creativecommons.org/licenses/by-sa/
2.0/"/>

And then something like:

	<rdf:Description rdf:about="http://creativecommons.org/licenses/by-
sa/2.0/">
           <dc:format rdf:resource="cc-license.txt"/>
	</rdf:Description>

URI + label + link to local copy.

User experience is something like:

	1. user selects a license from a pop-up list (with displayed labels)
	2. when hovering over the license property, maybe the complete text
gets presented in a tooltip

That would work with the above approach.