Subject: Re: [office-metadata] Document Design and metadata

Hi Patrick, Hi Bruce,

concerning the statement of Patrick, I am not sure if I understand his
position completely. (Maybe it is simply a Monday phenomenon..):
How can any chosen meta design help a bad written user document to
become well - or even better - written?
Where are the obstacles in saying there should be no indirection of
metadata by having metadata on metadata in a document?

Bruce D'Arcus wrote:
> My hunch is to be in favor of allowing the same attribute we would
> allow on content nodes to be allowed on styles, and to use that as one
> mechanism to associate metadata with content.
>
> But as my language ("the same attribute") suggests, I think if we
> design this right, this question ultimately becomes a trivial one from
> the standpoint of the schema.
>
> So I'd suggest we leave it aside for now. It is not the most important
> thing we need to resolve.
I am curious, what is the most important thing for you right now?

> It also emphasizes the need for a few use cases to design around. I
> already have a few on the brain-storming page, but we could use a
> couple/few more.

Best regards,