Subject: Re: [office-metadata] [ISSUE] metadata shall be stored in one or more files

just a followup:

On Nov 8, 2006, at 12:12 PM, Bruce D'Arcus wrote:

> Enhanced metadata shall be stored in dedicated files apart from the
> content.xml file, and shall be registered as such with the
> "application/rdf+xml" mimetype. This allows different kinds of
> metadata to be separately queried and processed (one of our
> requirements), and makes use of the existing ODF infrastructure
> wihtout introducing any compatibility problems.

My initial instinct -- which I think was right -- is that we do stuff
like this:

Pictures/meta.xml  -->  metadata file for all images, stored in the
Pictures dir w/image files
Bibliographic/meta.xml --> bibliographic metadata file

Or alternately store it all in the META-INF directory:

	pictures.xml
	bibliographic.xml
	tables.xml
	license.xml
	contacts.xml

... etc.

Different kinds of (often custom) fields can then be responsible for
their own metadata files. Would certainly be the case with citations.