Subject: proposal: associating content with metadata

Let's try this again ...

So per today, here's what I recommend:

We add the following attributes, with the precise namespace URI and
integration with the document schema TBT:

=======
# note: the RDF/A spec allows use of QName-like shortened names for
IRIs in attributes; I
# leave that aside here, since it might be more trouble than it's worth
in ODF.

## to be added to document objects (paragraphs, tables, images,
citations)
div {
    meta-about = attribute meta:about { IRI }
}

## this basically defines a blank node within the document and types
it; for adding metadata
## statements to unknown and unidentified objects (perhaps fields, or
lists?)
div {
    meta-role = attribute meta:role { IRI }
}

## add to existing text:span and text:link (or is it text:a? I forget)
div {
    meta-rel = attribute meta:rel { IRI }
    meta-rev = attribute meta:rev { IRI }
    meta-property = attribute meta:property { IRI }
}
=======

I'd like to suggest, then, that we work with Elias on demonstrating how
we can use these to handle our use cases.

One of the things I was realizing is that it would be possible to use
the existing citation element (text:bibliography-mark) pretty much as
is (assuming the content can be other than text; such as a footnote):

<text:bibliography-mark meta:about="urn:uuid:xxxxxxx">(Doe, 1999:23;
Smith, 2000)</text:bibliography-mark>

You'd than have this in the package:

<b:Citation rdf:about="urn:uuid:xxxxxxx">
   <b:reference rdf:parseType=-"Resource">
     <dc:source rdf:resource="urn:isbn:34982398"/>
     <b:pages>23</b:pages>
   </b:reference>
   <b:reference rdf:parseType=-"Resource">
     <dc:source rdf:resource="urn:isbn:1234567878"/>
   </b:reference>
</b:Citation>

This is not the only option, however (you can also use more of RDF to
embed those triples in the content file), but it is probably the most
backward compatible.

In any case, would like to work through the use cases using RDF/A to
achieve this and just assume we add all of the RDF/A attributes. I have
annotations above that suggest where the attributes ought to be
allowed, but I'm not sure we have to worry about that (?).