Subject: Re: [office-metadata] Content duplication and ODF related RDF vocabulary

Below are my responses. BTW, I think people might be thinking that it's
either RDFa or xml:id and I want to reiterate that it's not the case. RDFa
is a superset of xml:id. RDFa *does* use xml:id to identify resources
withing the content.xml. Supporting RDFa doesn't meant abandoning xml:id,
it simply means allowing us to avoid content duplication and more
in-context metadata.

meta:about="http://ex.net/foo1";>fooA</text:span>
meta:about="http://ex.net/foo1";>fooB</text:span>
meta:about="http://ex.net/foo1";>fooC</text:span>
> <text:span style:name="s4"
meta:about="http://ex.net/foo1";>fooD</text:span>

I'd try to answer, but I don't understand what do you mean by "about".
meta:about is to establish the subject, but there's no triple-generating
attribute on the snippets below.

<text:span meta:about="http://ex.net/foo1";
meta:property="rdf:label">fooA</text:span>

This examples does actually generate a triple:

<http://ex.net/foo1> rdf:label "fooA" .

The relationship is rdf:label.

Could you try to re-state your scenario so I can try to show how RDFa would
do it?

> For xml:id the content.xml would look like:
>
> <text:span style:name="s1" xml:id="id1">fooA</text:span>
> <text:span style:name="s2" xml:id="id2">fooB</text:span>
> <text:span style:name="s3" xml:id="id3">fooC</text:span>
> <text:span style:name="s4" xml:id="id4">fooD</text:span>

Maybe it's because I'm confused with the overall hypothetical example, but
could you explain what did xml:id accomplished here? Not sure I see any of
the mix and match that you stated earlier between foo2 with(fooA and fooB)
and so on.

> I don't want to be unfair, I just want to stress the examples a little
> bit. Although this might be a common case, I want to test more extreme
> situations.

No problem at all. BTW, I'm also confused about Bruce's example. If you use
meta:about alone it doesn't mean anything. meta:about is not establishing
the span as id "http://ex.net/foo";, so I'm not really sure what he really
meant.