Subject: Re: [office-metadata] Content duplication and ODF related RDFvocabulary

Hi Elias,

Sorry for the confusion, I will restate my hypothetical example.

Elias Torres wrote:
> Below are my responses. BTW, I think people might be thinking that it's
> either RDFa or xml:id and I want to reiterate that it's not the case. RDFa
> is a superset of xml:id. RDFa *does* use xml:id to identify resources
> withing the content.xml. Supporting RDFa doesn't meant abandoning xml:id,
> it simply means allowing us to avoid content duplication and more
> in-context metadata.

Thanks for clarifying this.
> Svante.Schubert@Sun.COM wrote on 12/18/2006 07:54:41 PM:
>

>> Hi Bruce,
>>
>> thanks for the example, Bruce.
>> I am not a fluent RDFa speaker, yet. I am curious how would you specify
>> in RDFa three further semantics aside of the exiting semantic 'foo1'.
>>
>> 'foo2' is about 'fooA' and 'fooB'
>> 'foo3' is about 'fooB' and 'fooC'
>> 'foo4' is about 'fooC' and 'fooD'
>>
>> <text:span style:name="s1"
>>
> meta:about="http://ex.net/foo1";>fooA</text:span>
>
>> <text:span style:name="s2"
>>
> meta:about="http://ex.net/foo1";>fooB</text:span>
>
>> <text:span style:name="s3"
>>
> meta:about="http://ex.net/foo1";>fooC</text:span>
>
>> <text:span style:name="s4"
>>
> meta:about="http://ex.net/foo1";>fooD</text:span>

My example is like this:
There are four span with different styles, which have a word as content
from fooA to fooD.
One semantic is for all of them, "http://ex.net/foo1";
And then there are two splitting and one intersection of semantic:

The semantic 'http://ex.net/foo2' is related with the content 'fooA' and 'fooB'
The semantic 'http://ex.net/foo3' is related with the content 'fooB' and 'fooC'
The semantic 'http://ex.net/foo4' is related with the content 'fooC' and 'fooD'

> I'd try to answer, but I don't understand what do you mean by "about".
> meta:about is to establish the subject, but there's no triple-generating
> attribute on the snippets below.
>
> <text:span meta:about="http://ex.net/foo1";
> meta:property="rdf:label">fooA</text:span>
>
> This examples does actually generate a triple:
>
> <http://ex.net/foo1> rdf:label "fooA" .
>
> The relationship is rdf:label.
>
> Could you try to re-state your scenario so I can try to show how RDFa would
> do it?

Yes, see above.
>> For xml:id the content.xml would look like:
>>
>> <text:span style:name="s1" xml:id="id1">fooA</text:span>
>> <text:span style:name="s2" xml:id="id2">fooB</text:span>
>> <text:span style:name="s3" xml:id="id3">fooC</text:span>
>> <text:span style:name="s4" xml:id="id4">fooD</text:span>
>>

> Maybe it's because I'm confused with the overall hypothetical example, but
> could you explain what did xml:id accomplished here? Not sure I see any of
> the mix and match that you stated earlier between foo2 with(fooA and fooB)
> and so on.

Sorry it was not well explained by myself. The second content.xml is the
xml:id approach. The reason was that I forgot the usage of xml:id in RDFa.
Thanks for helping to clarify the usage.

Till later,
Svante
[...]