Subject: Re: [office-metadata] Content duplication and ODF related RDFvocabulary

Elias Torres wrote:
> Svante.Schubert@Sun.COM wrote on 12/18/2006 09:09:48 PM:

[...]
> In other words, I'm trying to
> think how an application would come up with such a model that 4 different
> things want to re-use the literal value of one of them with different
> combinations and all of this by reference with no content duplication.
> Would you please show me how does xml:id-alone or styles solves this
> problem? Once you see how complicated this in RDF/XML alone, I would then
> show you how can some of those triples would end up in the metadata (if it
> makes sense at all, since remember I'm not saying that EVERYTHING must be
> in the content.xml).

Hi Elias,

I am not sure how the following scenario is mappable in RDFa. If someone
is able to do it, it is you ;-)

Let me write the content.xml as I assume it would like it in an
xml:id-alone approach.
The content.xml using the xml:id-only approach, as Model independent
View without awareness of any metadata

<!-- some text metadata refer on from the content.xml -->
<text:span style:name="s2" xml:id="_1">CG7217</text:span>
<text:span style:name="s2" xml:id="_2"> is a gene product. </text:span>
<text:span style:name="s2" xml:id="_3">It was introduced on </text:span>
<text:span style:name="s2" xml:id="_4">GENCON Conference</text:span>
<text:span style:name="s2" >.</text:span>

There are four different types of semantics, which can be explained in
plain words :
1) The spans with _1 and _2 are a "Human readable description of the
GeneProduct"
2) The spans with _3 and _4 are a "Human readable description of the
Introduction of the GeneProduct"
3) The spans with _2 and _3 are "Later added by Dr. Frankenstein".
4) The spans with _1, _2, _3, _4, are all "IMPORTANT"
5) The spans with _1 is the "Name of the GeneProduct"
6) The spans with _4 is the "Location"

Good luck with it,