Subject: Re: [office-metadata] Multiple content nodes representing on RDFsubject

Bruce D'Arcus wrote:

> On Dec 22, 2006, at 4:08 PM, Bruce D'Arcus wrote:
>
>> The literal "important" is a property of the resource identified by
>> the URI <http://ex.net/Important>, which is in turn a property of the
>> description of the content node. There is built-in indirection of
>> sorts in the RDF model.
>
> E.g. the way you do it is to *use RDF*:
>
> <text:span xml:id="_foo1">This is an important and </text:span>
> <text:span xml:id="_foo2">divvikult</text:span>
> <text:span xml:id="_foo3"> text!</text:span>
>
> ... then:
>
>   <rdf:Description rdf:about="content.xml#_foo1">
>     <ex:status rdf:resource="http://ex.net/Important"/>
>   </rdf:Description>
>
>   <rdf:Description rdf:about="content.xml#_foo2">
>     <ex:status rdf:resource="http://ex.net/Important"/>
>   </rdf:Description>
>
>   <rdf:Description rdf:about="content.xml#_foo3">
>     <ex:status rdf:resource="http://ex.net/Important"/>
>   </rdf:Description>
>
> Three triples, about three separate resources. You really don't need
> any complicated indirection beyond that (at least as I understand the
> problem you presented).
>
> This is why I and others (like Florian) have consistently been asking
> in these discussions: what is the subject you wish to describe? In
> this case, it is three separate spans, each with their own (local)
> URI. That they each have the same properties is irrelevant; they are
> three different statements.
>
> Or I suppose (though I'd need to think on it some more) you could also
> define a style and include in the style definition:
>
>     meta:class="http://ex.net/ImportantParagraph";
>
> Bruce

Hi Bruce,

thanks a lot for the examples.
Obviously my example could have been chosen better as what I intended to
show, was an example of a literal to be referenced from the metadata,
which only makes sense in it's full length. Imagine a name, quote, which
looses his semantic when it's string is reduced.  There should be a nice
example where the literal has to be split, someone help me out on this?

Bests,