Subject: fields (was Re: [office-metadata] Multiple content nodes representing on RDF subject)

Hi Michael,

On Jan 3, 2007, at 9:04 AM, Michael Brauer - Sun Germany - ham02 -
Hamburg wrote:

> Wouldn't it be an option to reference the meta data from the content
> by adding text fields that make use of well defined structure of RDF?
> If I want to display your last name, then I could write:
>
> <text:meta-field meta:about="..."
> meta:property="v:n/v:family-name">D'Arcus</text:meta-field>

In general, yes, in the sense that I like the idea of a generic field.

But I might do the display logic differently, since you're using xpath
here. Maybe something like this:

<text:meta-field meta:about="..."
field:style="family">D'Arcus</text:meta-field>

Don't get tripped up on the details of the attribute name or its value;
what I am simply saying here is you have a parameter that configures
the display.

For citations, for example, parameters often include those that
suppress the author name and such.

> Please note that this does not define any metadata, but only
> references it.

Yes.

> This means, the semantic of this field would be display the object
> that you get by starting with the node denoted by the meta:about
> attribute, and by following the v:n and v:family-name predicates. The
> semantic of this field of course would be ODF specific. But this
> wouldn't matter, because the meta data itself would be contained in
> the meta data stream.

Yes, I agree.

> This text field could also be used to display date and time values
> using the already existing ODF data formats.

Yup.