Subject: Re: [office-metadata] Editing files post metadata

On Jan 4, 2007, at 9:49 AM, Svante Schubert wrote:

> To solve this task, some information is not stored as a single XML
> element, but as separate empty elements to denote the start and end
> position of the information in the text. This avoids problems with
> nesting of XML elements, but of cause makes it much more difficult to
> get the text that actually carries the information. It therefore seems
> to be no option for metadata. Anyway, if we already require that the
> text that carries metadata is element content, then we should at least
> provide the option to split it over several elements instead of
> requiring that it is stored in a single one.

I think I see the problem here. For sake of argument, what if we
removed the option to use the RDFa short-hand convention?

In other words, this would be not allowed:

Instead, we would require that subjects always be attached to the
property:

Would that help? I'm not saying it solves problems of nested content
within that span necessarily, but is it a start?

It would be more verbose, mind you.