Subject: Re: [office-metadata] Questions on the RDFa split solution..

Svante,

I want to quickly clarify this:

On Jan 17, 2007, at 10:36 AM, Svante Schubert wrote:

>> I assume you already know the first two. The third one is an
>> example of a blank node: a resource without a URI. In RDF/XML it
>> would be:
>>
>> <rdf:Description>
>>   <rdf:type rdf:resource="http://ex.net/foo"/>
>> </rdf:Description>
>>
>> I am just using the RDF type there to hang different propeties off
>> of it (without having to use a URI).
> Could you write them for me all together in a single RDF XML file?
> As I think this is what would be exported to the user in the end.
> Some piece is missing for me, maybe you can help me out. (We might
> reuse this as one of the scenarios solutions to be compared on).

My original example had this in content:

<text:p meta:class="http://ex.net/foo";>
  <text:span object:id="xyz" meta:about="http://ex.net/x";
meta:property="ex:title">Some </text:span>
</text:p>
<text:p meta:class="http://ex.net/foo";>
  <text:span object:id="xyz" meta:about="http://ex.net/x";
meta:property="ex:title">Title</text:span>
</text:p>

What I was trying to show here is the notion that we might mix
different subjects within the same content -- some local to the
document, and some global -- and that the local subjects need not
necessarily be formally identified with a URI.

To change those blank nodes into formally identified subjects, one
would add xml:id attributes. In that case, the RDF/XML equivalent
would be:

<rdf:Description rdf:about="content.xml#para-1">
   <rdf:type rdf:resource="http://ex.net/foo"/>
</rdf:Description>

<rdf:Description rdf:about="content.xml#para-2">
   <rdf:type rdf:resource="http://ex.net/foo"/>
</rdf:Description>

<rdf:Description rdf:about="http://ex.net/x";>
   <ex:title>Some Title</ex:title>
</rdf:Description>

But in the case of the user who simply wants to tag a paragraph as
important, I'm not sure one needs to formally identify the paragraphs.

Feel free to adapt this for the wiki.