Subject: Re: [office-metadata] Does Bernd cover Bruce's 3 scenarios? & RDF XML export by XSLT

On Jan 26, 2007, at 2:03 AM, Svante Schubert wrote:

>> I don't see it as a use case; more a requirement that is consistent
>> with the ODF TC charter.
> You don't want to add it to the list?

No; it's not a use case. I was just demonstrating that the attributes
are easy to parse with XSLT.

More generally, I don't have time to spend more time on the wiki. As I
mentioned the other day, I spent tons of time on this earlier, and I'm
too busy with other things now.

>>> I might challenge you, by going a step further. If I am a user and
>>> would import existing RDF XML to reuse existing RDF statements,
>>> would itn't be nice to export a similar structure?
>>
>> Under what conditions would a user "reuse existing RDF statements"
>> inline?
>>
> Reusage of RDF statements is the idea.
> Imagine somebody have a FOF RDF XML file and wants to reuse it in his
> ODF document. He import it and refer to it. After working with the ODF
> document, he wants to export all RDF information as RDF XML. It is not
> important for the user in this scenario if the RDF of the document is
> being inline or not.

A user may not care where the data is stored internally, buy they do
care whether the content they see on the screen is interpreted as
metadata (properties, really).

If we're talking about Elias' use case, and you want to start the
document with some RDF data, then as I've said before, I'd just
transform it into the attribute-enhanced content, and transform it back
if it needed to be exported.