Subject: Re: [office-metadata] RDF subjects and objects in the content of ODF

On Jan 30, 2007, at 11:06 AM, Svante Schubert wrote:

> This seems a valid Use Case, but the RDF used seems expressing
> something different.
> Let us take a look at the RDF noted in N3:
>
> @prefix ex: <http://wiki.oasis-open.org/office/ExampleDocument#> .
> **"offering the proposals" ex:deadline "end of february".
>
> This statement has to be modified as literals are only able to be a
> subject in RDF [1].

This is exactly why we should be using N3 to represent the modelling
on the wiki. The syntax Bernd used is not standard, nor clear.

> The minimum modification would be result into something like:
>
> @prefix ex: <http://wiki.oasis-open.org/office/ExampleDocument#> .
> ex:task   ex:description "offering the proposals" .
> ex:task   ex:deadline "end of february" .
>
> But by this, we suddenly have a relation of two RDF objects and not
> of a RDF subject and object in the text.

Not really. In N3, you can use the abbreviated syntax to represent a
subject too. It's just a URI after all. It would be equivalent to:

<http://wiki.oasis-open.org/office/ExampleDocument#task> <http://
wiki.oasis-open.org/office/ExampleDocument#description> "..." .

> The question is how does a Use Case look like, when the subject is
> in the content?

I don't understand. I thought we've been discussing these examples
for the past two months.