Subject: Re: [office-metadata] Question about the IRI of a RDF subject from an ODF document

On Jan 30, 2007, at 12:45 PM, Svante Schubert wrote:

> Imagine somebody has downloaded an image from the internet (e.g.
> Flickr) and wants to embed the image into the ODF document. Now he
> wants to add further metadata about this image to his ODF document.
> What is the usual RDF way in choosing the RDF subject IRI?
> Using the flickr URL or the local path to the image in the document
> to describe the image as RDF subject?

I think the way we've been talking talking previously is to use the
file path as default. The same would apply to metadata files per se
(for named graph support).

This is a trick issue, BTW. Ideally you want a globally unique IRI
with which you can also locate the document. But that's not realistic
in many desktop scenarios, so I think you're left with two choices:

1) the one above
2) using a URI-encoded UUID

Each has its trade-offs.