Subject: Re: [office-metadata] Question about the IRI of a RDF subject from anODF document

Bruce D'Arcus wrote:

> On Jan 30, 2007, at 1:51 PM, Bruce D'Arcus wrote:
>
>> This is a trick issue, BTW. Ideally you want a globally unique IRI
>> with which you can also locate the document. But that's not realistic
>> in many desktop scenarios, so I think you're left with two choices:
>>
>> 1) the one above
>> 2) using a URI-encoded UUID
>
> Well, and of course using the Flickr URI, which would be good for this
> particular case.
>
> Might be nice if we could add the ability to have both a path and a
> global IRI in the manifest entry for a file.

I agree with you.
We might use owl:sameAs to make clear that both subjects are the same.

On the other hand, from the RDF user perspective it would be only good
to use the local URL if someone wants to give information of this
certain instance of the image and the 'shared' flickr URL, if meta data
about the picture in general is provided, which is the same for all copies.
Otherwise - by using a local URL - the informations that are valid for
all image copies are hard to be linked.

Regards,