Subject: Re: [office-metadata] Question about the IRI of a RDF subject from an ODF document

This is a good point to consider, Svante, but keep in mind the scope of
xml:base is the document; in this case the RDF/XML document. So your
pictures.rdf and content.xml can have different xml:base values if you
like.

In any case, xml:base is one of those short-hands that I think is
distracting. The main point, I think, is that Elias is saying that we
need a base *subject* for the document.