Subject: Re: [office-metadata] Question about the IRI of a RDF subject from an ODF document

On Feb 6, 2007, at 8:12 AM, Michael Brauer - Sun Germany - ham02 -
Hamburg wrote:

>> So you are suggesting that all documents get a global base URI, and
>> that we use that to create stable URIs for embedded files (like
>> images).
>
> Not all documents actually contain metadata, and even if that is the
> case, not all require a global base URI.

Note: they do *if* one wants to refer to them (externally); e.g. I want
to say document x is a revision of document y, or annotate document a
externally.

We might not want to require that, of course, but just wanted to point
that out.