Subject: Re: [office-metadata] Question about the IRI of a RDF subject from anODF document

Hi Elias,

Elias Torres wrote:
> "Bruce D'Arcus" <bruce.darcus@OpenDocument.us> wrote on 02/06/2007 07:52:48
> AM:
>

> I guess what I'm after is trying to solve the problem of "relative URIs"
> because the string (not a URI) "Pictures/foo.jpg" is only valid within this
> package. If we were able to generate globally unique URIs then we could
> make use of the statements (knowledge) made in any ODF also outside of it.
> In other words, I'm trying to reduce the amount of special processing
> within ODF spec before the metadata model can be useful in third-party RDF
> tools.

The ODF specification already defines hoe reltive URIs are resolved. It
says something along the lines that relative URIs are resolved by
unzipping the package and resolving them then. This unzip-step is
required by all RDF tools anyway, so I don't think there is special
processing required.

That is to say: If you need a base URI that is different from the URI of
the document in RDFa/HTML or RDF/XML+HTML, then we probably need them
for ODF, too. If you don't need them in RDFa/HTML or RDF/XML+HTML, then
I'm not sure if I understand why you need them for ODF.

Best regards

Michael

>> I have no opinion on which is better; just asking.
>>
>> Bruce

StarOffice/OpenOffice.org
http://blogs.sun.com/GullFOSS