Subject: Re: [office-metadata] Rough notes (I won't call them minutes just yet)

Hi Patrick,

the last sentence is close to my concerns. An application *may* of cause
preserve arbitrary meta data at arbitrary elements. But ODF would become
difficult to implement if we require that applications *must* preserve
or *should* preserve arbitrary meta data at arbitrary elements. So what
we have to do is to identify those elements where we want to say that
applications *should* preserve metadata. For all others elements,
applications *may* preserve metadata.

Is that clearer?

Michael