Subject: Re: [office-metadata] RDF/XML and XPath

Elias,

Elias Torres wrote:
> I also found a presentation that sort of validates the problem by proposing
> a solution via XSLT extensions. If you see how much is needed via XSLT +
> extensions, you might concur that it's not possible to do so with XPath
> alone.
>
> http://rdftwig.sourceforge.net/paper/pres/slides.pdf

I agree that this presentation shows some difficulties of using XPath
with RDF/XML. But the conclusion seems to be to go away from RDF/XML to
RDF Twig, but not to throw away XPath.

Anyway, I think we should stay with the RDF-XML decision we have made,
and should see how we can restrict it to become accessible by XPath. We
can do so in my opinion, because we define an office document file
format, and not how to add RDF-XML as a whole to ODF.

Michael

> -Elias

StarOffice/OpenOffice.org
http://blogs.sun.com/GullFOSS