Subject: Re: [office-metadata] RDF/XML and XPath

Bruce,

you are right if you say that I agree in the mail from a month ago that
using XPath that RDF-XML is difficult and that we may try to find a
different solution.

But in the meantime we noticed that we seem to try to find a solution
for something we have already a solution for in ODF. If someone finds a
solution for linking text fields to specific triples in the RDF-XML that
works without implementing a full RDF model, than this would be fine for
me. But until now, we didn't find that solution, so it seems to be
reasonable to go back to what we have and to restrict the RDF-XML.

Michael

Bruce D'Arcus wrote:

> On Feb 7, 2007, at 12:42 PM, Elias Torres wrote:
>
>> I hope these examples help you see why using XPath is just not a good
>> idea
>> to link between ODF and RDF/XML serializations of our metadata.
>
> FWIW, we've had this discusion before. See:
>
> <http://www.oasis-open.org/archives/office/200701/msg00002.html>
>
> We agreed there that relying on xpath is not a good idea; as Elias
> points out, there is a well-known impedence mistmatch between the xpath
> and RDF data models.
>
> If the use case at issue is the one that Michael outlines in the message
> -- how to display the content of a field that references a subject --
> then can we perhaps just focus on that?
>
> Bruce

StarOffice/OpenOffice.org
http://blogs.sun.com/GullFOSS