Subject: Re: [office-metadata] Rough Proposal for RDFa + RDF/XML/XForms + xml:id

On Feb 8, 2007, at 6:41 AM, Michael Brauer - Sun Germany - ham02 -
Hamburg wrote:

>> We've talked about this many times in the past on this list. There
>> are other mechanisms to achieve the desired outcome here (knowing
>> what to display for a given subject reference in the content). The
>> most simple one is a convention: use the rdf:value property of a
>> resource. This is what the SIMILE Project at MIT does with its Piggy
>> Bank Firefox browser.
>
> You probably have already send an example for this to the list, but
> can you please provide one again (or a link to it), to save me the
> time to search for it.

I'm in a hurry, so can fill in later if necessary, but imagine you
reference a resource in content.

meta:property="http://ex.net/foo"/>

You want to know what to display for that resource; right?

I am saying it can be as simple as this in the RDF/XML:

	<rdf:value>Jane Doe</rdf:value>

But using schemas, you can also declare other properties (say
vcard:name) as sub properties of rdf:value.

XForms won't work for more complicated rendering stuff, BTW; for
example, my citations.