Subject: Re: [office-metadata] Aggreement on annotating content with RDF attributes

Problem 1 is, I have no idea where the wiki page that Benrd posted is.
It's not linked from the any of the metadata pages as near as I can
tell.

Ah, I found it:

<http://wiki.oasis-open.org/office/ExampleDocument>

On Feb 9, 2007, at 1:54 PM, Svante Schubert wrote:

> Let's start immediately to find solutions for real world cases
> (Bernd's examples) and define them for the proposal.
> So just for instance, even if someone would like to edit RDF XML via
> XForms, we would now add RDF attributes to the text field with the
> xforms:binding.

The xforms:binding part is the aspect that I don't think Elias and I
accept. I just thought Michael said we'd keep keep xpath apart from the
RDF stuff, and now here we see it again, mixing incompatible models.

I'll address the use case though ...

> Let us go into detail regarding RDF annotations, how would we solve
> Bernd's scenario #1:
>
> The following RDF object literals is taken from the VCARD XML file [1].
> From the RDF subject "from http://www.1dok.org/staff#schuster007"; the
> related <vCard:Family> should be used in the content.xml.

I want to stop right here and ask us to clarify this use case. What
*exactly* is a user wanting to do here? Please explain in the language
of a user; not an implementor.