Subject: Re: [office-metadata] RDF/XML and XPath

Svante.Schubert@Sun.COM wrote on 02/09/2007 01:44:48 PM:

> Hello Elias,
>
> many thanks for the examples.
> The multiple forms of RDF/XML are indeed a problem for XPath and XSLT.
> Do you think the limitations on the encoding set might ease the work of
> others (e.g. XSLT on our RDF/XML)?

I don't have any top of my head. I think constraining our RDF/XML encoding
set in a correct, extensible and interoperable way is definitely more than
we can handle given our time constraints. I think we should leave RDF/XML
as is for now and not focus too much on XSLT/XPath working with it. In all
my work with RDF, I have not needed them, not sure why we need them now.

> Any detailed suggestions for our proposal?

For which proposal? The RDF/XML + XForms one? I'm not sure, really. During
our last meeting, I mentioned how I was confused with the XForms data
binding solution and why it was introduced, therefore I can't think of
suggestions.