Subject: Re: [office-metadata] Groups - Metadata_Model_Proposal (07-02-19-ODF-MetaData.odt) uploaded

Thanks for the work guys.

On Feb 19, 2007, at 4:51 PM, patrick@durusau.net wrote:

> Please send comments and suggestions along with *proposed* revision
> language keyed to the section that you think needs revision.

Some quick things that jump out:

1) Section 1.2.2

a. The metadata attributes for about and property need to be in a
namespace other than the rdf namespace. I have typically been
assuming meta.

b. We need a meta:resource attribute to support objects that are
resources (not literals) in content (like citations).

2) The field stuff is confusing to me. For example:
> If a text literal is being created based on metadata, the text
> literal should be embedded into the element 'meta:text-get'.
I can't see where a "text literal" would be "created" in any of our
use cases. The only agent that will be creating in-content literals
are users. Elias' demo is an example of this.

What might be created in many cases are *labels* for object
*resources*. The citation case is an example of this.

As I have been thinking of it, there are two kinds of in-content
metadata statements: ones where the objects are literals (strings,
say), and ones where they are resources (IRIs). The former is encoded
using meta:about and meta:property attributes, where the content of
the element (or the value attribute) is the object, while in the
second the content of the element is just a (in many cases generated)
label for display.

I don't have a suggested change because this section is not (yet)
clear to me. It might be as simple as changing the word "literal" to
"label" above?

3) On this comment:
[Patrick: We might want to create a own IRI ODF Schema]

I doubt we need to. I suggest we might list some good ones to use
(LSIDs, etc.)

4) run spellcheck in U.S. English ;-)

Will take a closer look later.

BTW, I'm going to be late for the meeting this week, so will try to
raise any issues here.