Subject: Rough notes that will become minutes

Greetings!

I was quite tired today but I have attached my rough notes that I will
massage into minutes from today's meeting.

Hope everyone is having a great day!

Patrick

--
Patrick Durusau
Patrick@Durusau.net

Metadata SC Meeting Minutes

Bernd

*Bruce

*Elias

*Florian

*Gary

*Patrick

Paul

Rob

*Svante

**************************************

Florian: wants an example of text field

Florian: rdf:about in 1.1.2 - Elias

Could use meta:class for multiple elements to bear the same metadata
-

Elias: using meta:id can identify an element, unique identifier

Can use meta:class

use meta:about to establish the subject

meta:id to identify this element

meta:class to identify a class

meta:class can have space separate classes

meta:about establishes what the about is about

Two subjects:

subject (auditor) predicate (denies) meta:id (identifies the element)

subject (author) predicate (I authored) meta:id (identifies the
elements)

Elias agrees this is an example of two subjects.

0: meta:class - synonym just attaches rdf:type to a resource (a short
hand for classes in the RDF/XML file)

First question: meta:id - not necessarily unique but also a full URI

Second question: What does it identify?

Elias: xml:id should identify the element itself

Vocabularies can define that xml:id means the content but we don't
have to decide that -

meta:class and meta:about would be redundant. meta:class is not
required but if present can use XPath. Can do the class in RDF/XML

meta:about, meta:id, meta:property to generate triple out of content
of the element