Subject: Re: [office-metadata] Rough notes that will become minutes

Patrick Durusau <patrick@durusau.net> wrote on 02/21/2007 05:21:25 PM:

> Greetings!
>
> I was quite tired today but I have attached my rough notes that I will
> massage into minutes from today's meeting.
>
> Hope everyone is having a great day!
>
> Patrick
>
> --
> Patrick Durusau
> Patrick@Durusau.net
> Chair, V1 - Text Processing: Office and Publishing Systems Interface
> Co-Editor, ISO 13250, Topic Maps -- Reference Model
> Member, Text Encoding Initiative Board of Directors, 2003-2005
>
> Topic Maps: Human, not artificial, intelligence at work!
>
> Metadata SC Meeting Minutes
>
> Bernd
>
> *Bruce
>
> *Elias
>
> *Florian
>
> *Gary
>
> *Patrick
>
> Paul
>
> Rob
>
> *Svante
>
> **************************************
>
> Florian: wants an example of text field
>
> Florian: rdf:about in 1.1.2 - Elias
>
> Could use meta:class for multiple elements to bear the same metadata
> -
>
> Elias: using meta:id can identify an element, unique identifier
>
> Can use meta:class
>
> use meta:about to establish the subject
>
> meta:id to identify this element
>
> meta:class to identify a class
>
> meta:class can have space separate classes
>
> meta:about establishes what the about is about
>
> Two subjects:
>
> subject (auditor) predicate (denies) meta:id (identifies the element)
>
> subject (author) predicate (I authored) meta:id (identifies the
> elements)
>
> Elias agrees this is an example of two subjects.
>
> 0: meta:class - synonym just attaches rdf:type to a resource (a short
> hand for classes in the RDF/XML file)
>
> First question: meta:id - not necessarily unique but also a full URI
>
> Second question: What does it identify?
>
> Elias: xml:id should identify the element itself
>
> Vocabularies can define that xml:id means the content but we don't
> have to decide that -
>
> meta:class and meta:about would be redundant. meta:class is not
> required but if present can use XPath. Can do the class in RDF/XML

meta:about is not redundant.

> meta:about, meta:id, meta:property to generate triple out of content
> of the element

meta:about and meta:property are for generating a triple out of the
content. meta:id is to identify the element so we can make statements about
it in the RDF/XML.

Patrick/Svante,

After the call and reading the proposal I noticed we are totally missing
the possibility of using RDFa-like attributes in ODF. The only place where
they are mentioned (and optional!) is in some sort of
<text:get/set/whatever> field element. I'm ok with not adding RDFa-like
attributes to all elements, but the reason to leave it only to one element
is unclear. I want us to have the ability to use meta:about and
meta:property on most elements that contain text from the user so we can
mark-up the text with properties.

<text:span meta:about="http://torrez.us/who#elias";
meta:property="foaf:name">Elias Torres</text:span>

Let me know if you have any questions.

-Elias