Subject: Re: [office-metadata] Metadata text fields

On Feb 22, 2007, at 12:31 PM, Svante Schubert wrote:

>>> This plug-in has furthermore the responsibility to keep the
>>> literal consistent with further metadata in the document (e.g.
>>> RDF/XML).
>>
>> This is where the confusion keeps coming in. There's no need to be
>> "consistent" here because the in-content text *is* the literal.
>> There's nothing to be consistent with.
> Unfortunately there is no guarantee that the RDF statement - where
> the literal is part as the RDF object - is unique in-content only.
> Aside of an usage in RDF/XML, there might be even the same in-
> content RDF statement a couple of times in the document. I would
> optimistically assume that if you change one, you change them all.

I see what you mean now.

Here's the thing: we cannot worry about this.

Consider this example:

Are these "inconsistent"? Answer: only if we assume there can be only
one ex:tag property for a resource.

So in essence, the answer is no, they aren't: they are two separate
statements.

>> ... have one new field whose job it is to display information
>> about *resources*.
>>
>> I want to say in my document that Patrick is the author, but I
>> have Patrick vCard record already in RDF/XML in the package, so I
>> do something like:

>>     meta:about="urn:uuid:8134713815475740574" <!-- document URI -->
>>     meta:property="dc:creator"
>>     meta:resource="http://ex.net/people#patrick";>Patrick Durusau</
>> mta:field>
> Can you give me the RDF triples you are telling here and do you
> refer to the RDF/XML spec when you talk about a resource? Any link?
> Would not be one triple sufficient for the beginning?

Triple is:

<urn:uuid:813471381547574057> dc:creator <http://ex.net/
people#patrick> .