Subject: Re: [office-metadata] Export / Import of metadata

Elias can confirm if I'm right here, but ...

On Feb 28, 2007, at 1:56 PM, Svante Schubert wrote:

> I have read again the chapter about XMLLiteral in the spec
> http://www.w3.org/TR/rdf-concepts/#section-XMLLiteral
> and I now would think my earlier cases 1 & 2 are identical. The
> XMLLiteral is resolved to a string, is this correct?

In the RDF model, yes. For example, if you have an RDF store using a
relational backend, the XML gets stored as a string.

But in the RDF/XML, you have XML:

<foo:bar rdf:parseType="Literal"><text:span>blah
<text:span>blah</text:span></foo:bar>

So in other words, WRT to RDF/XML export, it's nothing to worry about.
Just output it as proper XML with the rdf:parseType attribute set to
"Literal."

> Therefore do we agree on that RDFa is always using the concatenated
> descending text nodes of the RDFa element as RDF object?

Is there something about your precise language here ("concatenated
...") that is important?

I guess I'm not seeing the problem.