Subject: Thead summary (earlier: summarizing recent suggestions)

Hi group,

Here is a summary of the outcome of this thread, please correct me if I
misunderstood or forgot something.
<Note: Uncertain passages start with "2Decide" or "2Clarify">

1)
We are going to use @xml:id as specified by the W3C on the following ODF
elements:

images
paragraphs
headings
tables
table-cells
bookmarks
metadata elements

We decided that text:span as a volatile element, which had been created
for style information, should neither become parent of an xml:id nor RDF
attributes, instead a new metadata element will be created.
/2Decide:
There had been several options "text:meta", "text:metadata",
"text:metadata-label and if the name shall contain the term "field",
then "text:meta-field" would be an option.
I personally tend to "text:meta" for it's brevity similar to "text:span".
/
The problem of relative links will be resolved by referencing to chapter
Section 17.5 of the ODF specification and provide the extension to allow
base IRI within the package. The following wording was proposed:

"The base IRI of the document is the one specified by [the
manifest.xml], or the location of the package, if the manifest does not
specify a base IRI. A relative-path reference (as described in §6.5 of
[RFC3987]) that occurs in a file that is contained in a package has to
be resolved exactly as it would be resolved if the whole package gets
unzipped into a directory at the location specified by the base IRI."

We are going to provide an informative note in our proposal of the
possibility to use the W3C owl:sameAs attribute in RDF/XML to set RDF
resources in ODF as equal even across document borders.

It is obvious - therefore I suggest to avoid an informative note - that
the usage of @xml:base in RDF/XML will break the relative link to ODF
element in the package, when @xml:base is not similar to the new package
base IRI of the manifest.xml and - for the case there is no such base
IRI - is not similar to the document location.

2)
Instead of using meta:text-set, we allow the pair of attributes
"rdf:about" & "rdf:property" on the same set of ODF elements, which were
chosen already for the xml:id attribute.
/2Clarify:
The RDF object of a RDFa element is the literal from the concatenation
of it's descending text nodes./

/2Clarify:
Instead of the earlier suggested attribute "meta:impl" on the meta
elements, we currently discuss an attribute to express the type of the
element.
It is meant as a hint for ODF applications to trigger the right plug-in,
Bruce gave the example
<field:field field:type="http://ex.net/Citation""; xml:id="0874801373">
foo</meta:field>

This seems to me like an IRI identifier for a ODF element being a RDF
subject.
To give a similiar hint for RDF streams a similar mechanism should be
used for the meta manifest file.
Therefore I propose that one stream might only have one type, but
multiple streams can have the same type.
//
/3)
An existing abbreviation mechanism in ODF /(Any link to spec?)/*/ /*was
proposed to be reused to shorten attribute values:
field:type="contact:Contact">foo</meta:field>

/2Clarify:
Hereby the IRI will be replaced by a QName expression and a attribute
resolving the namespace.
This abbreviation makes even more sense, when the 'xmlns:contact' would
be moved from the same element to the usual namespace declarations in
the root element.
By this we could save an enormous amount of space.
Does RDF/XML allow a similar approach? It would ease XPATH / XSLT usage,
if we could do so.//

/
Have a nice evening,