Subject: Re: [office-metadata] Export / Import of metadata

Bruce D'Arcus wrote:

>>> Right. As via xml:id the subtree is already specified.
>
> ???
>
> I don't understand how xml:id has anything to do with this question?
> The subtree is specified as the content of the node which contains the
> metadata attributes; right?
> And there won't always be an xml:id in that context anyway.

The element with the xml:id specifies not only the element, but as well
it's embraced XML nodeset, the XML subtree.
For example, if you give a table a xml:id and use the xml:id to create a
RDF subject representing the table in RDF/XML, you can give RDF
statements in RDF/XML about the whole table. The table with all it's
sub-elements is described as one, not only the string of it's containing
text nodes as it would occur by default - what I suggest - when using RDFa.