Subject: Re: [office-metadata] "Logical/abstract" vs. "physical" representation

On Mar 5, 2007, at 7:33 AM, Michael Brauer - Sun Germany - ham02 -
Hamburg wrote:

> Actually, there are two options how one can use RDF-XML streams with
> flat files. The first option is to treat them as separate files, that
> is, there would be a flat ODF file, and in addition one or more
> RDF-XML files.

But that there is a more general problem with using xml:id in ODF if we
do not know if the files will remain separate (e.g. if they get
recombined in some contexts): the values are to be locally unique. That
leaves open the possibility that you have two package files with the
same xml:id values, and so when combined, you break xml:id (because you
have two nodes with the same value).

I suppose we could suggest assigning a UUID as the value?