Subject: Re: [office-metadata] data-typing

On Mar 5, 2007, at 6:02 AM, Michael Brauer - Sun Germany - ham02 -
Hamburg wrote:

> But if we don't do so, we need to know
>
> - whether we want to allow datastyles to display for instance date
> values in human readable ways.
> - we want to be able to validate the values (validation is the reason
> we have multiple attributes for other fields).

In RELAX NG, you can condition validation on an attribute value, so you
actually didn't need to do this. For example:

xsd-date = attribute meta:data-type { "xsd:date" }, attribute
meta:value { xsd:date }

Layering Schematron on top is another option.

In other words, I don't think we should get tripped up on validation.