Subject: Re: [office-metadata] Atom and document/feed IRIs

Patrick Durusau wrote:
> I thought we were talking about assigning IRIs to identify documents?
> Rather than path statements.
You might be right. I took this for an argument for IRI against relative
links to xml:id on ODF elements.

Isn't the identification (IRI) of mails and feeds given after they are
modified, when they are read-only in their remaining life-cycle?
Regarding unique identification of ODF documents, generating hash value
appear more consistent instead of IRIs.
Would it not make more sense for us to use an IRI given from an RDF
application, like a Invoice IRI?
I say, leave the identification to the RDF application, which can
clarify what makes an ODF document unique in their eyes.

Svante.