Subject: Re: [office-metadata] Data types

On Mar 9, 2007, at 10:40 AM, Michael Brauer - Sun Germany - ham02 -
Hamburg wrote:

>> I think in general ODF should get away from using non-resolvable URNs
>> for namespace URIs. It can be useful in a lot of course to actually
>> resolve these URIs to further documentation and such.
>
> OASIS has rules for the composition of namespace URIs, so this is
> probably nothing we can change.

Do those rules say you cannot use HTTP URIs? If they do, they need to
be changed, as that would be a silly limitation.

Or, are they simply rules which say how to compose non-resolvable URN
namespace URIs? That would make sense of course.