Subject: Re: [office-metadata] Re: {spam?} Re: [office-metadata] clarifying fieldsand metadata

"Bruce D'Arcus" <bruce.darcus@OpenDocument.us> wrote on 03/13/2007 12:15:21
PM:

> On Mar 13, 2007, at 10:48 AM, Svante Schubert wrote:
>
> > Bruce D'Arcus wrote:

> >> Because it's semantics are different. It encodes a predicate, while
> >> here you want to say which predicate to use for display.
> > Isn't this only a difference in RDF vocabulary?
> > Does it makes any difference if meta:property describes the element
> > content to be a vCard:FamilyName or citation:FullQuote? Both times
> > metadata is being attached to the ODF element.
>
> Tell you what: if Elias is fine with this, I won't protest. It's up to
> him as far as I'm concerned.

Wait a minute. I'm not agreeing to that.... at least I have not followed
this aspect too closely. At the end of the day a plugin can do what it
wants and decide to use the meta:property to look up a display property
when using a text:field but we shouldn't specify that. I think we need to
have a clear specification (no dual-purposes) of what do the attributes
generate e.g. triples and let the implementors show us the rest once we
have some real-world experience.

In Svante's example, he uses the property to explain what the text value of
the element means, the rest he's pushing to the RDF/XML. If you really want
to be specific about what does your triple mean take it to the RDF/XML then
would something like this work for you?

<text:p xml:id="foo">bar</text:p>

in RDF/XML

<content.xml#foo> rdf:type cite:Citation ;
      cite:displayProperty vCard:FamilyName .

I think that overloading too many meta:attributes on our first pass is very
dangerous. Let's meet the requirements of extraction, extensibility,
naming, in-content metadata, etc. but not over do it.

-Elias