Subject: Re: [office-metadata] Groups - Metadata SC meeting added

On Mar 13, 2007, at 6:30 PM, patrick@durusau.net wrote:

> A quick note on the meetings for the rest of March item. Svante has
> asked
> if we can have two meeting per week until the end of March.

I think even more important is to make the most efficient use we can of
the time we do have during the calls. To that end, perhaps we can have
a checklist of things we need to resolve before we call the proposal
ready for review by the TC?

And then we need a detailed agenda for each meeting so we can go
through them methodically.

Off the top of my head, I recall:

1) the current discussion of the field(s) we want; precise semantics

2) Elias' manifest ontology, including the open issues he noted
(namespace URI, etc.)

3) Elias' UUID + URI idea

4) answering the question "do we allow QNames for attribute content?"
current answer in proposal is "no."

5) do we include suggestions for serialization?

6) how do we deliver non-normative documentation? My strong suggestion
is through HTTP documents rooted at the namespace URI for ODF metadata.
This will allow us to use that URI as a way to document best practices
and such, which would later get fed back into the ODF spec.

7) ???

Of the above, I think 1, 2  and ideally 3 (if he has it fleshed out of
course) ought to be resolved for tomorrow. Some of the rest can be done
on the list.