Subject: Re: [office-metadata] Revision and stable ids (was: Re: [office-metadata] Rought notes 14 March)

On Mar 15, 2007, at 2:03 PM, Svante Schubert wrote:

> Bruce D'Arcus wrote:
>> With the named graph approach to versioning, doesn't that obviate the
>> need to attach a version ID to content nodes?
>>
>> E.g. so long as we have the version ID for the document from which we
>> can (optionally; right?) construct separate named graphs for content,
>> that allows us to disentable issues of document state.
> Could you give an example for this?

I think I'm saying something similar to what Elias said when he wrote:

"If we only had one metadata file then on every save we can generate
[revision-id]-meta.xml. Then we don't have to worry about building
revision
specific IDs."

If a triple changes, you can create a new named graph that includes the
new document version number in its URI and save the statement there.

I was just asking Elias to confirm that the solution to the versioning
problem is actually simple if we have:

a) the named graphs
b) the document and version IDs

We don't actually need to worry about version-iding specific nodes.

Will let Elias confirm that (or not).