Subject: Re: [office-metadata] Binding proposal(s) status for the call

On Mar 21, 2007, at 9:00 AM, Svante Schubert wrote:

> By posting this you give me the impression that you are not convinced
> by the arguments I listed for the usage of an package URL similar to
> odf:/
> May I ask, what make you cling to this solution? What have I overseen?

I don't think you're really addressing the problem, which is the base
URI for the document. It seems to me you're trying to avoid using a
base URI. That's really the only advantage your suggestion has: it's
basically a dummy base URI.

Let's work it out in the call though. I'd want to think through how
this stuff would work from a processing perspective. For example, say
you use some standard RDF library in OOo to implement this: what would
be the implications of the alternatives?  What happens when you
integrate individual documents into larger workflows?

For the answer to that question, I'd prefer to hear from the people who
have more experience with these tools (Elias, etc.) than I.