Subject: Re: [office-metadata] Namespaces

Bruce D'Arcus wrote:

> On Mar 22, 2007, at 9:26 AM, Svante Schubert wrote:
>
>> For now I used in the metadata manifest the prefix 'm' with the URL
>> http://docs.oasis-open.org/office/2007/03/meta/manifest and reuse the
>> existing 'meta' prefix with the existing namespace,
>> urn:oasis:names:tc:opendocument:xmlns:meta:1.0
>
> Actually, let me clarify something, since I might have misunderstood:
>
> We have been proposing meta:about, meta:property and so forth. I do
> think that ideally whatever prefix we use there should be bound to an
> HTTP URI, and not to the existing meta URN (which should be reserved
> for the old metadata elements/attributes that we will hopefully
> deprecate over time).
As the old meta elements usees already the meta prefix, we will have to
come up with a different prefix than 'meta' or reuse the existing namespace.
As I said, it has no high priority for me and as we suggested the meta
prefix, I reused the old namespace for now and changed the namespace
prefix for the metadata manifest from "manifest" to "m".

Shouldn't we continue to discuss the RDF vocabulary?
BTW in Elias' IRC example about the vocabulary, has been also a new
namespace 'odf' introduced, I used
http://docs.oasis-open.org/office/2007/03/meta/rdf# as namespace for now.