Subject: fields proposal

To preview the point of view I've come to on fields so that we
hopefully can be fairly efficient with discussing it next week, my
position is:

1) even if I have a dedicated citation field, the generic field
should still be adequate to implement my use case

2) a new generic metadata field -- what we now call text:meta-field
-- should not use the xml:id + RDF/XML approach to encoding the basic
logic of fields; rather, the URI(s) for the subject(s) it references
should be included in the field (in content).

3) if we require a URI (and allow optional parameters), we should
allow multiple URIs

For this reason, I propose that rather than include the meta
attributes on the text:meta-field element, we add child elements to
contain them. Something like:

===

text-meta-field = element text:meta-field { text-meta-field-source,
text-meta-field-body, text-meta-field-type? }

# the value for this attribute can be used to match an rdf:type value
in the meta manifest
text-meta-field-type = attribute text:meta-field-type { xsd:anyURI }

text-meta-field-source = element text:meta-field-source { text:meta-
field-reference+ }

# need to figure out parameters here
text:meta-field-reference = element text:meta-reference { attribute
meta:resource { xsd:anyURI }}

# can hold any ODF text content for rendering
text-meta-field-body = element text:meta-field-body { ODFText }

===

A full example (minus parameters):

<text:meta-field text:meta-field-type="http://odf.org/Citation";>
   <text:meta-field-source>
     <text:meta-reference meta:resource="http://ex.net/1"/>
     <text:meta-reference meta:resource="http://ex.net/2"/>
   </text:meta-field-source>
   <text:meta-body>
      (Doe, 1999; Smith 2000)
   </text:meta-body>
</text:meta-field>

Another example:

<text:meta-field text:meta-field-type="http://odf.org/Contact";>
   <text:meta-field-source>
     <text:meta-reference meta:resource="http://ex.net/1"/>
   </text:meta-field-source>
   <text:meta-body>
      Jane Doe
   </text:meta-body>
</text:meta-field>

For citations, the parameters could be a mix of things:

a) a generic style attribute of some sort could go a long way to
configuring basic presentation
b) I'd need dedicate attributes for some details

Example:

     <text:meta-reference
	meta:resource="http://ex.net/2";
	cite:pages="23"
	text:meta-style="http://citation.org/short-form"/>

I could see certain variations of the basic goal here.