Subject: Re: [office-metadata] fields proposal

On Mar 23, 2007, at 2:15 PM, Florian Reuter wrote:

> the idea is just that
>
> <text-meta-field-start attrs/> ...<text-meta-field-end>
>
> is the same as
>
> <text-meta-field attrs>...</text:meta-field>
>
> just that it spans croos paragraphs etc.

OK, but note that my suggestion is those attributes are not on the
main element, but on children.

Explanation for your issue: in OOXML, everything about a field is
encoded in a single attribute. So if you have multiple references
plus parameters, they're all encoded in a single string.

This is bad practice from an XML standpoint: you really need them
encoded in separate attributes and/or elements.