Subject: Other minutes from 28 March

Greetings!

The non-IRC minutes are attached.

Comment/corrections?

Hope everyone is having a great day!

Patrick

--
Patrick Durusau
Patrick@Durusau.net
Member, Text Encoding Initiative Board of Directors, 2003-2005

Metadata SC Minutes 28 March 2007

Roll call:

Bruce

Florian

Gary

Patrick

Svante

Agenda:

2. The current discussion of the field(s) we want; precise semantics:
   Update from Svante.

Bruce: posted a set of questions about fields, what are the semantics
of the fields? for example, a URI in a field, what does it refer to,
current proposal uses meta:about which means it is about that
field. Bruce thinks the field is an object that is referring to
something else. Should use meta:resource

Reuse of meta:property is a hint to a plugin to say which property to
display. if we are precise in defining it would conflict with
definition elsewhere.

Consistency of use, such as a citation that has more than one
reference.

A couple of decisions:

1. What are the semantics of the field? What does the URI mean?

Florian: shouldn't that point to a subject? Perhaps, could also be an
object (Bruce).

Bruce: the only value in an anonymous node would be to allow triples
in the field rather than the package.

Meta:property will conflict with the example. (see the IRC log)

Is an option, but not entirely clear how it would be done.

3. Do we allow QNames for attribute content? Current answer in
   proposal is "no." : To be discussed.

Bruce: doesn't really care.

Svante: is use RDF/XML can say long prefix is the same as short
prefix.

Svante will send a note on this.

4. Do we include suggestions for serialization? To be discussed.

Svante: means that RDF/XML which is not real strict XML could be made
by behavior rules, to be used by XSLT. Propose that users use RDF/XML
that can be processed by XSLT.

Informative suggestions only.

Agreed.

5. How do we deliver non-normative documentation? To be discussed.

Svante: an Oasis template, some guidelines, agreed by the TC, but not
binding. Make user aware of problems and how to avoid them.

Bruce: suggests strongly that documents be bound to the primary
namespace and should also be used for best practices, vocabulary,
etc.

Agreed.

6. Deciding on the ODF RDF vocabulary. To be discussed.

Bruce: is this what Elias worked on? When we make the bindings, done
by ODF attributes -

Florian - don't assume the zip structure

Need to return to this.

7. Namespaces. Svante - current behavior, two types of new
   elements, meta: and reusing current meta namespace -- then have a
   manifest that needs a new namespace as well -- currently use m as
   the namespace -- with an http URL -- suggestion -- for meta use an
   http based URL? Means we have to change meta to something else as
   it is already taken, use m for meta and mm for manifest as
   namespace.

Agreed.